Let’s talk time management. This is something I’ve struggled with before in the past and still do today, although I’ve come up with a system to help make some drastic improvements.
Here are 10 of my best tips to help you manage your time more efficiently:
1. Record thoughts, conversations and all activities you do for a week. This will allow you to decide what activities you’re wasting too much time on and what activities you need to prioritize some more.
2. Go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. Regularity is key to being productive and once we regulate our body/sleep schedule, our days become more predictable which means we can fit more shit into our days.
3. Create time blocks for high priority thoughts, conversations and actions. Schedule them in a planner and stick to it.
4. Plan to spend 50% of your time on things that will produce results. No negotiations.
5. Meditate and/or exercise every morning. It will clear your head which means you will be sharp for the day.
6. Make a to-do list in the evening for the next day.
7. Schedule email response times and practice not answering calls immediately. You don’t have to always be so accessible to everyone.
8. Get a mentor to help you stay organized.
9. Find inspiration when you're feeling unmotivated- I like TED talks.
10. Take 5-15 minutes in the morning to schedule your day out before looking at your phone/email/social media.
Keep in mind that it's impossible to get everything done in a day. Find your balance so you can take the time to chill and still be productive.
What time management skills do you guys have? There’s always room for improvement for all of us so feel free to share some of yours with me below.