If you’re dieting, you’re probably feeling like you’re always fending off some kind of craving and practicing self-control. It’s not fun to diet but sometimes we need to do it in order to reach specific weight loss goals.
The good news is you can still eat the foods you enjoy- you just need to place them strategically in your diet.
Some dieters may call this refeed meals or cheat meals. The difference between the two are mostly mental.
- Refeed meals refer to just having more carbs than usual, but keeping things relatively “healthy.”
- Cheat meals are basically allowing yourself to eat anything you want for that meal.
The best time to have either of these meals is preferably post-workout or the night before a big training day. We do this in order to make sure the glycogen from those cheats is utilized most effectively by our bodies.
Whatever you choose, make sure it fits your lifestyle, mental needs and goals. Dieting is tough and taking a break is necessary sometimes!!
If you want to keep things relatively healthy but enjoy something sweet, check out my healthy suggestions:
- Halo top ice cream (one pint is only 200-350 calories- yes- one PINT!)
- Watermelon (it's the season!)
- A frozen banana dipped in dark chocolate
- Chocolate milk
- Frozen grapes
- Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate
- Dark chocolate squares
- Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of cacao organic powder
Get moving with my 12 week fitness program
Check out more nutrition tips on my blog